Monday, May 18, 2009

Rounds #1 & #2 Cadwell Park

Arrived at Cadwell Park late Friday afternoon and we got on with the job of setting the bike up, ie lock wiring bolts, adjusting clip ons, suspension etc. I took the bike to Scruteeneering on the Saturday morning and it passed with flying colours, however it needed to be noise tested so we started the bike only to find that the Scitsu tacho was reading 8000rpm on tick over, (idle). After trying several different routes for the pick up wire Andy Duncan kindly let me borrow his Scitsu. Off to the noise test area and to be honest I thought it would fail but at 104dcb it was within the limit of 105dcb.

Qualifying:
Ash did not complete a lap due to fuel starvation caused by the new fuel cap not having a breather.

Race 1:

As this was the first time Ash had ridden the bike I was not expecting too much, he finished the race in 14th but his lap times were improving every circuit considering the gearing was all wrong.

Sunday warm up:

Ash arrived at the assembly area only for the bike to cut out, after frantically trying to start it I realised I had neglected to connect the fuel line!!! Ash completed less than a lap as the weather had turned quite bad and he was on cut slicks, however he was happy with the changed gearing.

Race 2:

Ash got a better start and was already going faster in the damp conditions than in the dry the day before. On the second from last lap Ash failed to appear and whne he eventually got back to the paddock he informed me the engine just lost power. I will post the diagnosis when I find out more.








No comments:

Post a Comment