Thursday, May 21, 2009

European Supermono at Snetterton BSB

The European Supermono Association has secured a support race at the British Superbike meeting at Snetterton in June, and the majority of the British Supermono riders enter to put on a good show. The licence requirements are that you must hold a Clubmans racing licence or above to enter, as Ash failed to finish at Cadwell last weekend he was unable to get his final signature to move him up to Clubman status. After a lenghty phone call with Ash it was decided that he would concentrate on the British Supermono Cup series, using the entry fee he would have paid for the Euro round to acclimatise himself better with my bike, ie at track/test days at circuits that are on our calender. This left me with a bit of a dilema as all my sponsors are local to Snetterton and it would have been a great showcase for the bike, I notified Richard (TFL), Nick (BPS), Dave (Cabtec) and Ray (LRM Fibreglass) to explain the situation, all of whom returned messages along the lines of " Thats racing!!"

However with the engine from Nick Oliver arriving early next week the bike should be running and on the dyno by next weekend, so with the approval of Ash I put the bike up for someone to ride at the Euro round, I dont really want to let a current rider use it but rather bring in someone that had not started the season. My first thought was Alex Hutchinson, (Im following his and his brothers blog on here), as he had his ride taken away at the eleventh hour! Alex got back to me saying he had been offered another ride for the Euro round but thanked me for asking. The other person I was thinking of was a well known face around the Supermono Paddock for the last 4/5 years, he always had a smile on his face no matter what had happened on the track. He was dogged with machine problems but he is a very good rider and quite agressive when needed, and I honestly think he would have finished top 5 if the bike had not let him down. His name is Mick Hammonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment